Confidential Consultation & Compassionate Representation
As a dedicated family law practitioner, Ms. McPherson is keenly aware of the complex emotional components inherent in handling domestic matters. Our attorney and staff members are experienced in the management of a wide range of family law issues, ranging from a routine agreed or uncontested divorce to a more complex custody proceeding. In any event, our clients have come to expect relatable, trustworthy representation in a non-judgmental and relaxed setting.
At the Law Office of L. Taylor McPherson, we offer the following services for our family law clientele :
- Divorce: If marital dissolution is imminent, our office can help you sort out the various complexities of this change in family dynamic – including the division of property, spousal support, child support, custody, and visitation. This is often accomplished through court hearings, informal negotiation, or mediation.
- Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship: In Texas, establishment of custody and visitation parameters occurs by filing a Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship (known as SAPCR). Our office is intimately familiar with the procedures inherent in this process, and we can help you determine a plan to best suit the needs of the children involved.
- Modification: For our clients with family law orders already in place, we offer representation for those looking to modify the original terms. Modifications are available to amend support amounts, change a child custody arrangement, or to alter a current visitation schedule. For clients seeking this service, a material or substantial change in circumstances will be necessary to warrant the change, and our office can help advocate this position.
- Adoption: As one of the bright spots of family law, we are pleased to offer representation during the adoption process – including step parent adoption, private adoption, adult adoption and adoption through Child Protection Services.
- Collaborative Law: Known as a no-court, no-litigation option for divorcing spouses, collaborative law aims to take the vitriol out of the divorce process – striving instead for a more amicable, less litigious experience. Parties submitting to the collaborative law model agree to work together as much as possible to reach a settlement on all ancillary matters involved in a divorce proceeding – and must promise to forgo the option of judicial intervention.
- Cohabitation Agreements: Couples wishing to cohabitate prior to or in lieu of traditional marriage are unfortunately left very legally vulnerable in the event of a break-up. For this reason, we encourage our clients to consider executing a cohabitation agreement in order to delineate property ownership and other matters typically addressed during a divorce proceeding.
- Name Change:
Contact the Law Office of L. Taylor McPherson
For top-quality Tarrant County family law assistance, we encourage you to contact us as soon as possible to arrange your family law consultation with attorney L. Taylor McPherson. For more information or to make an appointment, call 817-502-1144.